COACHING DEVELOPMENT POLICY
In order to provide for a positive youth soccer environment, Cheza Sports Academy will take the following steps to encourage participation by the community member as coaches and improve team coaching:
- Designate a Head of coaching; whose task shall include implementing this policy.
- Recruit new coaches each year for new and existing teams within the academy budget.
- Foster an environment that retains coaches from year to year.
- Facilitate monthly roundtable coaches meetings during the year to evaluate coaching progress and hear coaches feedback
- Facilitate and advertise coaching clinics through club newsletter, website and letter to all coaches.
- Facilitate additional resourcing for coaches, through dissemination of coaching information through designated online platforms.
- Encourage coaches to learn and implement new coaching techniques during the season and education themselves.
- Provide an accurate means of communication to each coach whereby they may become familiar with club policies, procedures, demands and needs.
- Monitoring coach performance by observing practices and games and talking with players and parents, assistance will be offered to coaches where appropriate.
- Provide parents, players and coaches an evaluation form to attain feedback on coach's needs, development and overall experience had by all.
- Adequately provide coaches with all necessary coaching tools including but not limited to first aid kit, corner flags, practice cones, player goalie jersey when necessary and practice pennies to encourage coaches to be involved and active while developing the skills of the players.